Monday, October 28, 2013

Advice to Mental Health Clinicians (take it will you. Your patients lives depends on them

Advice for Mental Health Clinicians

Mark Willenbring, MD at Substance Matters: Science and Addiction - 2 weeks ago
A clinician recently sent me this email: *Dr. Willenbring,* * * *I read an article in the New York Times from early this year discussing Effective Addiction Treatment that in part highlighted your comments and Alltyr's mission to be a 21st century model for addictions treatment.* * * *As a therapist in an outpatient practice not specializing in addictions treatment--but who nevertheless encounters co-morbidity with substance abuse on a pretty regular basis--it can be confusing to know how to approach the psychosocial aspects of treatment. I believe in a multimodal approach for chron... more »






I also suggest that people read Drs. Scott O. Lilienfeld William T. O'Donohue  book
"GREAT IDEAS of Clinical Science: 17 Principles that Every Mental Health Professional Should Understand"

This two guys and others have been trying (I think some times in vain  but they are making some headway, to me just do not seem to be fast enough) to convince clinicians to become scientist first and then practitioners. Suggest you follow them and if you get existed start reading the references study in the back of the books.


I got mind use and very good condition from ABebooks  http://www.abebooks.com/ (I don't get a toaster for announcing them, I do not care where you get the books  from)

Another one read by Scott is 

Brainwashed: The Seductive Appeal of Mindless Neuroscience [Hardcover]


 

too much rubbish being written about Neuroscience and this book ought to help you to be more critical about what is being said by Professionals who are extrapolating way beyond the data available.  I don't always agree with what they have to say but scoot specially is Definitely a clear thinker.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete